Digital Ads VS Traditional TV Ads - Why Choose Digital Advertising?
- Posted by: GroVine
- Category: Business Management Consultancy, Digital Advertising, Digital Marketing, Integrated Digital Marketing, Marketing
The primary goal of advertising is to reach the right audience and gain attention to make leads. Advertising is of various types and a large portion of the marketing budget is spent on advertising.
It is important to choose the right medium of advertising to reach the audience. Choosing the wrong channel would lead to losses to a great extent.
The prominent advertising medium used across the industry is TV Ads or Digital Ads. Companies pay a huge amount to get a 2-minute slot at prime time, which is ¾ time greater than the cost involved in producing the Ad. With the change in the habits of the individual and the way Digital-Media is embraced by the youth today; digital ads are leading the list with high ROI.
How TV ads are changing
As more people stream their favorite shows, the ad tech companies are trying to help ads on smart TVs work more like digital advertising. Media companies are trying to use technology to add elements of interactivity and personalization to their traditional TV ads. For example, a person watching a show via a cable network’s over-the-top app might see a car ad, and that ad could prompt the viewer to access more video content or receive information on local dealer locations through a few clicks of their remote control.
The latest technology collects data at the device level. This data to figure out which TV ads perform best on specific apps and the various devices people use to stream TV shows. As more marketers grow accustomed to using data in digital advertising, the more they want to apply that tactic to other media.
The trend in advertising industry clearly indicates that the TV Ads would disappear soon and all the ads will be on the digital media.
Why choose digital ads?
- Digital Videos are the fast-growing ad format.
- Experts predict digital ads to take 25% of the total media share by 2021.
- Strong and relevant content is the Key for High ROI.
- 70 % of the population is using digital media platforms.
- Creates Brand Value.
- Revenue from Digital Ads raised 50% more in 2016 compared to previous years.
- Beneficial for small business.
- The cost of expenditure is relatively less.
Digitals Ads can be easily classified for the different target markets, and you can also track what happens to your ad after it is broadcasted. The technology also allows the ads to be classified on the below categories and delivers only the right content/ad required.
- Demographic groups – Age, gender, income, or parental status, for example.
- Interests – You can advertise to people who are interested in specific topics.
- Video remarketing – You can serve ads to people who have already visited your website.
- Placements – You can show your ads on certain channels, videos, apps, websites, or placements within websites.
- Topics – You can target your videos based on specific topics on YouTube.
- Keywords – You can show your YouTube ads based on words or phrases related to a YouTube Video.
So to conclude, it is an indication that companies have to make changes to the marketing plan and adjust their budgets to match the digital advertising.
Digital marketing comes with all the below-listed benefits and much more
- Less expensive
- Easy to target specific customers
- Interactive advertisements
- Demographic information is available
- Can be easily changed
- Strong campaigns
- Tracking and analytical capabilities
- Data collection and processing capabilities
GroVine is a business management consultancy which aims to assist its customers in building competitive and sustainable brands, growing the business, reducing costs and increasing profits by providing marketing consultancy, financial advisory, business process improvement advisory, facilitation and implementation support. GroVine also provides mentorship and hand holding to individuals seeking to start a new business by helping them get viable business projects. Explore Our Services!